The main part of Hyde station yard. There was an engine shed from the time the station opened, until about the 1920s. Hyde had both low and high level loading banks. After the ballast pit siding at Hyde Township closed in 1952, ballast continued to be loaded by truck over the HLLB.
The north end of Hyde yard, including the turntable which dated from the opening of the station. It was relocated to Cromwell in the 1920s.
1966 aerial photo of Hyde. Only three of the five houses shown on the 1897 plan remained by this stage, otherwise the yard had changed little from its inception.
Previous article about Hyde