Friday 22 December 2017

Otago Central Railway [56A]: Wrapping up

Well the OCR maps are humming along nicely but naturally I am looking forward to wrapping up that part of the project. Right now I am working on tidying up a lot of loose ends as I get ready to write Part 3 of the article series.

Three weeks ago I wrote about some areas that have limited aerial coverage. The best way of fixing that is to get station plans, and at the moment I am working on that. Basically that will include Ida Valley, Auripo, Ranfurly, Waipiata, and probably some of Wingatui-Sutton. So that means all those maps can be drawn properly without the aerials. It just means you won't see a historical aerial for those areas, but you will still see a station diagram.

It would be nice to get some of the Taieri Gorge and I hope that will be possible.